Saturday, March 22, 2008

Gambling, it’s a business. A lot of people don’t see it that way; most people see it as an addiction. However, I see it as a way to earn some extra spending money, like an allowance or an income. You have to play it smart and start out small; you cannot just take all of your money and put it on a single bet especially if it’s not a sure thing. When I bet I think about all of the odds and I know what I’m betting on. You have to know the game, be familiar with what you’re dealing with or else you’ll lose. I can see how people become addicted. If I lose a bet sometimes I become frustrated, this makes me careless and I place bets that don’t stand a chance. You want to win so badly but are making stupid mistakes. That’s how the addiction starts, when you don’t see it as a business but an easy way to make money. Play smart and treat it like business and you don’t get addicted.

No comments: